RoboCop, the classic, is being re-vamped. Let’s just hope it is as good as the original.
The official synopsis for RoboCop, courtesy Sony Pictures Releasing (Australia), is a s follows:
In RoboCop, the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the centre of robot technology. Overseas, their drones have been used by the military for years – and it’s meant billions for OmniCorp’s bottom line. Now OmniCorp wants to bring their controversial technology to the home front, and they see a golden opportunity to do it. When Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit – is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. OmniCorp envisions a RoboCop in every city and even more billions for their shareholders, but they never counted on one thing: there is still a man inside the machine pursuing justice.
It stars Joel Kinnaman (‘The Killing’) as Detective Alex Murphy/Robocop, with Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, Jay Baruchel and Australian actress Abbie Cornish and is directed by José Padilha.
The link to the awesome trailer is below.
- First Awesome Trailer for ROBOCOP! (geektyrant.com)
- RoboCop – Official Trailer (celebnmusic247.com)
- ‘Robocop’ Trailer: The Classic Sci-Fi Film Gets A Modern Remake (slashfilm.com)
- Sony Pictures’ New RoboCop Looking Pretty Awesome In First Official Poster (manolith.com)
- [news] First Robocop Poster Revealed (highscorereviews.com)
- RoboCop Trailer – Not Your Father’s Police Cyborg Film (areyouscreening.com)