Implanting a super hero with excess of vanity or panic induced anxiety doesn’t appear a saleable idea, though Iron Man 3 sails through in spite of it, thriving on public’s liking for things or humans extraordinary.
And rightly so the movie takes its place alongside other superhero oriented films, the audience not minding much the hero restricting his coping with crises as coolly for he does triumph juggling through situations and scenes with skill.
The story line harks back to a 1999 New Year Eve party and we glimpse Scientist Maya Hansen [Rebecca Hall] who has conducted an experiment to treat crippling injuries and bio entrepreneur Aldrich Killian [Guy Pearce].
In the throes of arrogance, the superhero’s treatment of the two is pretty dismissive although he doesn’t mind bedding the former!
The story returns back to present day, where that one mistake of ignoring Aldrich is going to cost Tony Stark a while lot than just his pride.
Aldrich’s half-human, half-genetically modified ‘things’ begin to create havoc, and for once, Tony is not only baffled, but also down.
But then we are talking about Tony Stark here. He maybe down, but never out.
The villain Mandarin [Ben Kinsley] is supposedly the one who has been creating trouble and explosions. But as it turns out, he is but just a pawn in the hands of Aldrich.
Finally, with a bit of bally-ho and winging, alerted out of his assumed inertia, Tony dons the Iron Man Suit and gets moving.
There is no looking back now. Ably assisted by Harley, a 10 year old with more than normal developed faculties, Tony begins his odyssey to trace those responsible.
Using a child prodigy to full advantage, sprinkling humour here and there specially in the vibrations between Tony and girl friend Virginia Pepper Potts [Gwyneth Paltrow], and with real fantastic action and intense dialogues, Iron Man 3 panders to some of the terror-induced tensions that have come to be the bane of present day society.
Intending to be a summer flick, is the back setting of Christmas for a feel good effect?
Rating: 2.5 stars
By Joseph Rana, Editor-in-Chief, His Master’s Review
- New IRON MAN 3 Deleted Scene Featuring Tony, Rhodey And Mandarin; “Accents” (comicbookmovie.com)
- IRON MAN 3 Animatics Reveal Trevor Was Supposed To Have An Explosive Death (comicbookmovie.com)
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’: Who Will Side With Ultron? (splashpage.mtv.com)
- The China Star in Iron Man 3: TCL debuts new TVs (reviews.cnet.com)
- Here’s the only Iron Man 3 Poster Gallery You’ll Need (capesonfilm.com)
- Iron Man 3: A Tale of Two Suits (primitivescrewheads.net)
- Watch An Alternate Ending To ‘Iron Man 3′ With A Different Fate For The Mandarin (slashfilm.com)